Play a key role in designing, modernizing, and optimizing databases and application server platforms and supporting infrastructure products. Manage and maintain Oracle databases, while modernizing to and administering MySQL database solutions, including maintaining responsibility for implementing and administering Amazon Web Service (AWS) Redshift and Amazon Web Service RDS, Postgres, or Microsoft Standard Query Language server infrastructure. Automate provisioning and monitoring of the database infrastructure. Provide consistent database maintenance, optimization, and best practices input for existing databases and applications. Setup, validate, and execute disaster recovery processes and procedures with recovery point objective (RPO) or recovery time objective (RTO) objectives and Service Level Agreement (SLA). Work with technical architects to document scope, tasks, risks, dependencies, and mitigation plans. Create and update support documentation and review of work products and establish consistent maintenance of SLA and performance reporting metrics.
- 7+ years of experience with technology
- 5+ years maintaining, upgrading, and administering Oracle databases
- 2+ year implementing and administering MySQL databases
- 2+ years of experience with SQL analysis, development, and troubleshooting activities, including data warehousing and analytical applications development and support
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise database operations and migrations, including acting as primary Database administrator (DBA)
- Experience with Linux BASH or shell scripting
- Knowledge of data modeling and data analysis required
- Ability to work and adapt to changing deadlines and constraints
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- 2 years of experience with Postgres
- Experience with using Web Service Command Line Interface (CLI) basics to work on and administer AWS RDS and Redshift via AWS CLI required
- Experience in hands-on development with either Scala or Python
- Experience with government-related business around acquisition and contracts
- Experience with CI/CD tools, including Puppet, Chef, or Ansible a plus
- Ability to leverage technical expertise, be R&D oriented, and work with motivation for self-driven learning a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.