Provides a high quality meal at all times to residents, guests, and staff. Participates in all aspects of food production. This position may be required to supervise other staff positions. The cook reports to the Executive Chef and or Director of Dining Services
- Prepares all food in accordance with the daily menu planner, using Senior Lifestyle standardized recipes, in a timely manner.
- Works the food line during mealtime.
- Plates food in an attractive manner and ensures that all condiments and garnishes are prepared and served with the appropriate foods.
- Keeps work area and serving line equipment clean and adheres to sanitation cleaning schedules.
- Ensures proper food temperature maintenance.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers & freezers clean and ensures that food supply stocks are rotated, all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
- Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors, and co-workers.*
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.**
- Performs other duties as assigned*
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Job Type: Part-time