Our Hospice and Home Care teams in Creston are looking for a FT Social Worker. This position will work with both hospice and home care patients with time being split between the two teams each week.
This position will provide medical social services to hospice and home health patients and families based on the patient's psychosocial assessment and the patient and family's needs and acceptance of these services with a particular focus on financial resource and coping/support needs.
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs with particular attention to the response to terminal illness, coping and resource needs for patients and caregivers, with in the social work scope of practice according to all organizational, professional and industry standards.
- Participates in the development of the plan of care, and review/revision of the plan of care as appropriate, completing initial SW assessments and updates to the comprehensive within required timeframe.
- Provides services to patients and families that address the goals of the plan of care. Provides counseling services as appropriate.
- Evaluates families' financial situation and assists in assuming effective utilization of community resources, ensures payer source is identified and all requirements of payer are fulfilled.
- Leads and coordinates patient transfer and discharge planning.
- Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary group meetings and revises SW care plan accordingly.
- Participates in the training of staff, volunteers and community agencies as requested.
- Participates in education for contract facilities/services.
- Documents accurate and ongoing patient information, with in the patient medical record. All documentation is complete according to organizational, and professional standards. All documentation is completed as it occurs.
- Actively participates in team meetings, committees and quality improvement planning and processes.
- Takes part, when possible, to meet a patient/family’s need for continuous care in time of crisis.
- Minimizes non-productive time and slow periods with activities to prepare to meet the future needs of the agency.
- Assists patients, family members and all contacts according to the general performance standards, demonstrating organizational values with all interactions. Coordinates community resources and other agency disciplines participating in patient care.
- Leads, supervises and maintains ongoing effective communication with other personnel involved with patient care. This may involve formal and informal meetings.
- Participates in hospice and community health programs as required to promote the growth and understanding.
- Hospice: MSW preferred; or BSW required; Home Care: MSW required
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills with the ability to learn work-related software
- Compliance with continuing education requirements
- Mandatory Reporter of Child and Dependent Adult abuse training certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Must have valid driver's license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation if driving is required
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, drug screen, 2-step TB test and background check
To apply please click on the following link:
Job Type: Full-time