BorderX Lab is the creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect Chinese shoppers to official websites of brands and merchants including Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major US and European fashion + beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at authentic prices. For brands we provide a turn-key solution to China localization and logistics. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
- Assist in accurate and timely international monthly close to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and local statutory requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly international transfer pricing calculation in accordance to inter-company service agreement and timely settlement of invoices.
- Review employee expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Handle monthly revenue close processes including preparing various reconciliations, monthly revenue statements and analysis.
- Analyze and reconcile balance statements and inter-company accounts, preparing general ledger entries and adjustments of AR/AP, Interco, etc.
- Assist with consolidation process and elimination entries on consolidated financial statements.
- Mentor, train, supervise and review work of junior accountants.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as needed.
- +5 years of proven working experience in public or private accounting environments and bachelor’s degree in accounting. E-commerce or startup experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S GAAP; experience in managing large scale and global processes.
- Excellent Excel skills (V-Lookup, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with Quickbooks and major ERP systems such as NetSuite, Intaact, Oracle or SAP.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese (written and verbal) is preferred.
You will thrive in the role if
- Passionate about cross border E-commerce.
- Confident, have a can-do attitude, able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with sense of urgency, deadline and goal oriented, and able to work cross-functionally.
What we offer
- Be part of diverse and awesome team.
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup environment.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and downtown restaurants.
Connect US and European brands with Chinese consumers with our mobile marketplace app: Beyond (http://www.borderxlab.com/product) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab was co-founded by three Google alumni with serial entrepreneurial experience and is headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: