To serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
· Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, taking food a beverage orders from guests, and serving the order in a timely manner. In addition, inputting the order into the MICROS Point of Sale System.
· Obtain valid/accurate method of payment for all sales.
· Maintain proper and adequate set up of the service area on a daily basis. This includes stocking of paper products, and condiments, rolling of silverware, and making non-alcoholic beverages based on the projection of business for the day.
· Cleans service areas, equipment and the general area surrounding Barefoot’s.
· Performs end of shift paperwork and cash drop.
· Retrieves orders from the storeroom; checking to ensure accuracy of order.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
· Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
· Rolling silverware and lining baskets for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply.
· Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, or special guest requests, to ensure total guest satisfaction
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and understand portion sizes.
· Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions and communicate with guests.
· Ability to learn and understand the MICROS Point of Sale computer system.
· Ability to set and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds and maximum of 30 pounds.
· Ability to remember, recite and promote menu items.
· Ability to work effectively in direct sunlight and temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations with dissatisfied guests.
· Ability to walk to and from kitchen/restaurant on a continual basis.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High School Diploma preferred.
Prior food and beverage experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $7.98 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miramar Beach, FL 32550: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person