The Director of Financial Applications is responsible for leading a team of application analysts, system administrators and information technology support personnel. This person reports to Chief Information Office and works closely other managers.
- Work with key stakeholders in the business to identify the right opportunities and put together a go forward strategy related to financial and revenue cycle applications.
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision making.
- Develop a strong set of leaders that can drive success for the individual teams.
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively.
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help with the smooth implementation of new applications and technologies related to the financial systems and revenue cycle applications.
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams and deliver advantaged results for the business.
- Strong passion and hands-on technical experience with healthcare revenue cycle applications. Experience with McKesson STAR products and/or Cerner Patient Accounting a plus.
Director of Financial Applications
Degree in Science, technology, engineering, or math related with 10 or more years of experience in the technology management and/or application leadership roles.3 years of experience leading application support teams. At least 2 years of hospital-based healthcare information systems expertise with primary responsibility for clinical, medical and/or laboratory applications.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality projects to internal customer within the healthcare environment including the evaluation of new applications, the planning of new application implementation, the management of software upgrades and the implementation of ITIL based support processes.
- A passion for building a great working environment where the best want to come work and stay.
- A focus on outstanding business outcomes with effective and fast decision making that takes into account the interests of all three key stakeholders - employees, customers and shareholders.
- A strong technology background coupled with experience in making the right tradeoffs that balance the short and long term payoffs.
- Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the eventual right outcomes.
- Outstanding analytic capabilities and a successful track record as both a developer and manager.
- The ability to prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and creatively meet tight deadlines in addition to being extremely process focused in a fast paced environment is a must.