Youth Service Department
Tompkins Cornerstone Community Center
Program Director and/or Assistant Director
Mon-Fri, 3pm-11pm. Hours selection based on site need/discretion of director.
As part of our Youth Services Department’s vision:
all Youth Services Staff will assist in promoting growth, leadership and positive self-image in all young people at all of our Grand Street Settlement sites. The Security agent’s role will be to provide building security in the building, outside, or around the building and in the program as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Security Licenese preferred or 5+ years of security experience
- Previous youth based/school security experience
- Good conflict mediation and public relations skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle assignments simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Can-do attitude and strives to do more for a growing team
- Previous experience working with diverse young people
- Three (3) or more years’ experience & expertise working with youth (volunteer experience is acceptable).
- Ideal candidate is personable, energetic, & enthusiastic.
- Candidate must successfully complete the following: NYSDOH Fingerprinting Screening; New York State Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; Physical w/ updated TB Test (Fees may apply) If offered the position, must submit $25 fee for NY State Clearance Review
- Valid CPR/AED Pro certification through recognized accrediting body preferred.
- Valid First Aid/RTE certification through recognized accrediting body preferred.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with all students while remaining professional at all times and be able to motivate the students while setting an example in all areas, including responsibility, timeliness, organization, attendance and most importantly, professionalism.
- Bilingual preferred
Must complete 15 hours of trainings as per school- age child care requirements within the first three months of hire and attend two mandatory agency-wide Professional Development trainings. If hired for summer only, must complete all trainings are required by Program Director or Assistant Program Director
Greet visitors warmly and professionally upon entering, address their inquiries and directs people to appropriate locations
Maintains daily program attendance logs and all related clerical activities as required
Documents the use and the conditions of each room used by program
Logs medical or safety related incidents
Manage and mediate all conflicts
Responds to all emergencies (i.e. medical, unsafe areas, trespassing, altercations, etc)
Controls the flow of traffic so that only those participants scheduled are allowed in the building or into appropriate program areas
Maintain positive relationships with office and center/school faculty
Maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, program participants, families, community members and program staff
Keeps the lobby clear of unauthorized persons, including loitering children, adults, or adolescents
Keeps abreast of what is going on in the program each day
Manage registration forms and process identification cards for program participants (as needed)
Other duties as assigned