Rapidly growing company looking to double its workforce seeking a Shop Shipping Receiving Associate for immediate hire. Responsible for overseeing receipt of incoming materials, outgoing shipments, warehousing activities, accurate documents, inventory and interfaces with all functions within the organization. It is important that this person is able to move quickly, wear multiple hats and be an effective multi-tasker.
Established in 2003, Workhorse Automation, Inc. specializes in the engineering and application of automated material handling and robotic systems for the commercial baking industry. We provide turnkey automated bakery solutions including pan and trough handling, robotic stacking/unstacking, pan cleaning, basket loading, product warehousing and distribution. Workhorse Automation, Inc. is the leader in innovative solutions.
Shop Shipping Receiving Assiociate Responsibilities
- Coordination and prioritization of the day- to-day activities for Shipping/Receiving/Inventory.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and Ensures timely delivery of quality products to customers.
- Assist with wiring and assembly
- Performs general shop duties
- Assist when needed in the assembly of machinery and palletizing of equipment.
- Compiles, investigates, and resolves issues, by identifying root causes, and implements corrective measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensures that inventory is transacted in an accurate and timely manner, and stocked in appropriate, designated locations.
- Ensures a safe work environment by identifying and recommending preventive incident measures/initiatives and by maintaining diligent housekeeping standards and compliance with all OSHA and DOT requirements.
- Assists in shop maintenance and establishes priorities in keeping with safe, effective and efficient operations.
- Oversees the activities in receiving, storing, pulling, staging, and shipping materials and/or products.
- Provides leadership in identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements and efficiencies within the organization.
- Knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives
Shop Shipping Receiving Associate Required Skill and Experience:
- 5-7 years prior Logistics, Shipping, and Warehouse Experience
- Experience shipping in a manufacturing environment preferred
- College degree preferred
- Possess strong computer skills including Microsoft office, email, Carrier website shipment routing
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record delivering results
- Strong leadership capability
- Self-starter with the ability to work and think independently, as well as within a team
- Detail oriented
- This position requires lifting of up to 50lbs. Position requires long periods of sitting, standing and walking. Must also have the ability to work in a diverse manufacturing and office environment for equal periods of time.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position.
- Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills to maintain a professional attitude with all internal and external customers relating to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)