$18 to $24 an hour!! Paid Relocation and Sign On Bonus!!- Great cost of living in Mount Pleasant!
Full benefits, 401K, paid holidays, and PTO available!!!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Are you tired of all that mandatory overtime? Want to spend more time with your family? Do you just want to slow things down a bit? While still being challenged at work. MackayMitchell Envelope can help! We only use volunteers for OT. No mandatory overtime! 12-hour schedules which only required you to work 15 days a month! Talk about time with your family or to do the other things you love. Mount Pleasant is a community of just short of 9,000 people that offers a safe environment and a focus on family . . . A great place to call home! Residents enjoy the safe and family-friendly benefits of a small town with a sense of community while having access to large urban areas only a short distance away. Don't let the small size fool you. Mt. Pleasant is home to a four-year regional university, a hub of manufacturing and industry in the heart of the Midwest, a unique and lively retail district and is a perennial end of a summer destination for tens of thousands of visitors. When it comes to your commute you can roughly cover a mile a minute, commute times for most are less than 15 minutes. That’s how you slow things down.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Adjuster is to set up and maintain our folding equipment to run at its peak performance level at all times. Checking to ensure that the quality of the envelopes, including window placement, size, print, color, etc., produced on the machine is correct. Then during downtime perform preventative maintenance or assist other Adjusters.
- Follow the company’s standard operating procedures and policies
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area at all times
- Report any unsafe conditions to management
- Complete daily guarding checklists and ensure all guards are in place at all times
- Read all job tickets and follow steps to set up and produce a quality envelope
- Continuously check gumming-seal and side seam for proper coverage and for proper positioning and height for the gum line
- Continuously check printing color and registration
- Communicate with proper team members, regarding machine and or quality issues promptly when they occur and at shift change
- While relieving operators for breaks, pack good quality envelopes in specified, correctly labeled cartons, then neatly stack on skids and keep accurate records of envelopes produced
- Perform machine size changes and set up machine according to the job ticket’s specifications
- Perform window, print, and color changes
- Change paper rolls, shaft new rolls and change window material
- Make needed adjustments while the machine is running to maximize quality and efficiencies
- Perform mechanical repair and preventive maintenance on machinery as needed
- Arrange for the delivery of the correct type and quantities of raw materials required by the job ticket and make arrangements to have any leftover materials returned to the warehouse
- Retrieve adhesives and fill machines as needed
- Clear paper jams and restart machine
- Remove waste gaylords from machines and place in the appropriate areas
- Move finished pallets to the warehouse
- Keep machines running at set speeds at all times
- Any additional duties/jobs as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1+ years of Envelope Adjusting experience on a 102, RA, RO, HD, SW, or Honsel
- Basic reading, writing, math and ruler reading skills
- Ability to perform lifting on a daily basis; frequently lifting 10 - 45 lbs., occasionally lifting upwards of 70 lbs. and pushing 250 - 1,000 lbs. with a pallet jacks
- Mechanically inclined
- Troubleshooting ability
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees
- Must be able to exchange ideas and convey detailed information to employees accurately and clearly
- The employee will be required to twist at the knees, waist, and neck, turn and pivot their body, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms, grasp with hands
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move a range of 10 – 1,000 pounds, utilizing the correct tools when needed
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, vision color acuity, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Previous mechanical or maintenance experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a manufacturing environment and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, working daily with inks, adhesives, chemicals, and paper and cardboard. The noise level in the work environment/job site can be loud with hearing protection recommend and or required.
Indeed Hire and MackayMitchell Envelope Company are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical and/or Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Envelope Adjusting (102, RA, RO, HD, SW, or Honsel): 1 year (Required)