SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
The SQL Server DBA is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of Banyan’s SQL Server Azure environment as well as ensuring the availability and consistent performance of SQL Server environments which support the Banyan commercial software. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This individual would be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server environments, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, scalability, and performance), environment migrations, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Ensuring consistent performance of the databases is an essential job duty. From time to time the role will also include the production of company required reporting via SSRS. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage and maintain multiple SQL Server environments from development through production within Azure.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, and system tuning to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Assist in development of SQL Server stored procedures as required to support development team efforts.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Develop required reporting utilizing SSRS as needed.
- Responsible for creating and refactoring SQL queries to ensure optimal performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with Managing SQL Server instances within Microsoft Azure
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Data Warehousing experience a plus
- Database Application Development experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off