Green Tree Pharmacy is a long term care pharmacy located in Minonk, IL, which currently serves almost 120 long term care facilities. As we continue to expand our services, we are in need of a Controller. This position oversees the accounting operations of the pharmacy, which include financial accounting, accounts payable, general ledger, and bank reconciliations. The Pharmacy Controller ensures accounting operations run smoothly by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures; protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; and provides comprehensive financial updates to senior managers by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Oversee accounting operations, which include financial accounting, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Oversee customer account payments and overdue collections efforts.
- Implement training for new hires and identify training opportunities for current staff.
- Oversee system of internal controls over accounting functions to minimize risk.
- Prepare periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report.
- Review financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identify development opportunities and improvements that can be made.
- Maintain knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
- Identify and recommend updates to accounting processes and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Wellness program
- Fitness center discounts
- Mobile phone discounts
- Great team to work alongside
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Pharmacy technician licensure and certification preferred.
- At least 2 years related work experience, 2-5 years accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be dependable
Effective November 1, 2021, all current staff and new hires must either be vaccinated or have one of the following: received the single dose of the Johnson Johnson vaccine or the first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine – 2nd dose will be required. Upon request, we will consider exemptions for medical and religious based reasons.