The Controller performs all phases of accounts payable (A/P), vendor accounts, financial audits, accounting documentation and financial reporting.
JOB DUTIES (INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
1. Uphold the Mission and Values of the health center.
2. Conform to the MCHC corporate compliance policy and comply with ethical business practices set forth in federal, state and local laws.
3. Demonstrate customer service with regard to diversity and nondiscrimination practices.
4. Maintain confidentiality of all written, electronic and verbal protected health information consistent withHIPAA laws and MCHC policy.
5. Support the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program ensuring the availability of staff, time and tools necessary to accomplish the goals of the QA/QI Plan.
6. Comply with the MCHC policies and procedures as applicable to this position.
7. Review, record, and post journal entries, accounts receivables, accounts payables, and payroll to the general ledger.
8. Generate payments to vendors and employees for reimbursements.
9. Prepare and reconcile bank/financial information monthly.
10. Prepare monthly financial statements for internal and external reporting.
11. Participate in the preparation of all of the Center’s financial reports including end of month and end of year tax reporting and closing procedures.
12. Maintain Fixed Assets and Depreciation Schedule.
13. Participate in the development and implementation of the Center’s accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
14. Assist management in the preparation of the annual budget.
15. Participate in all external audits and site visits.
16. Complete and submit the Center’s quarterly and annual Federal Financial Reports (FFR).
17. Maintain Center’s financial accounting reports, charts and records securely in an orderly system.
18. Perform other duties and complete special projects as required or assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Knowledge of accepted Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
2. Knowledge of corporate compliance policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
4. Three years of experience in finance/accounting.
5. BA in accounting or finance.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $28.00 /hour
Hours per week:
This Job Is: