The Exchange is a Gastro Pub style music venue and bar. We strive to provide the best quality food and vibe in town! We are professional and agile.
We are looking for an experienced Line Cook/Prep Cook to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and cooking, and be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced kitchen environment. Responsibilities include preparing ingredients, following recipes, plating dishes, and cleaning up after service. The successful candidate must also be able to work well with others and follow instructions from the Head Chef.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Monitor food stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Casual dining restaurant
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Corpus Christi, TX 78401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person