About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS). You'll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
Give solution options. bolster stakeholder support.
Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
Consult on System Requirements Specification (SRS) development.
Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
Respect TD's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
Find ways to keep costs low, help come up with strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
Other duties as assigned
- Driving Requirements:
- Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
5-7 years relevant experience.
Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
Readiness and motivation (as senior or lead developer and valued subject matter expert) to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
Subject matter expertise in at least one area of discipline, seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions and testing.
Proficiency in leading complex and comprehensive project plan development and can understand risks associated with third-party solution integration.
Strength in coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams.
Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications - Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2012 Operating System, .Net Administration, Active Directory, DNS, Load-balancers, Firewall and Certificates
- Must have scripting experience in PowerShell
- Understand and analyze mission-critical business and core applications, and how they function and interact in a complex virtualized environment
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues stemming from multiple sources including Hardware, Software, OS, and Network equipment
- Experience with Architecture planning, system design and Documentation
- Conduct comprehensive analysis/troubleshooting of Windows base applications in effort to assess its efficiency in utilizing Operating System resources.
- Interpret test results and identify root cause of discovered issues
- Interface with application developers, vendors during applications deployment and performance testing
- Work with customer/user groups to identify bug and enhancement requests to be delivered to vendor(s)
- Work with other Client IT resources from groups such as application support and shared services
- Ability to work with scheduling and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, Autosys
- Knowledge in MS SQL servers (TSQL and SQL Administration)
Hours M-F 8-5/On Call 24x7