Casaplex is a Kensington, MD based company that designs, builds and supports integrated technology solutions for corporate offices, fitness studios, hospitality, education, government and even high-end residential applications. Our mission is to enhance the way people work, collaborate, and live through the innovative use of technology.
We are dedicated to training and developing our employees so they can achieve lifelong growth and career satisfaction. Thus, we have a great working environment filled with energetic team-oriented people who are dedicated to turning clients into lifelong raving fans.
We use the industry leading equipment manufacturers for the following systems:
- Distributed Audio/Video and Control
- Burglar Alarms, Access Control and CCTV Systems
- Environmental Sensors
- Dedicated Home Theaters and Media Rooms
- Lighting Control
- Motorized Shades and Curtains
- Wireless Networks
We offer all the standard benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, a 401k with company match and a great working environment filled with energetic, team-oriented people.
You will perform installation tasks at all stages of the project lifecycle (rough-in, trim and final) for technology integration projects, while also serving as the onsite lead, and managing other technicians and/or subcontractors. You will report to the project manager on each project and in general to the Director of Operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform installation tasks for audio visual projects including but not limited to: pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting TVs, projectors, speakers, configuring equipment
- Commissioning and Quality Control
- Managing customer relationships at sites by providing professional, courteous support at all times
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Document, maintain, support, and repair IT/network systems, distributed audio/video solutions, lighting & control systems, digital security surveillance systems (access control, alarm, and CCTV), video conferencing systems, smart battery-backups and other electronic system integration solutions based on blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Provide technical support on IT/Network, A/V hardware, control systems, and signal flow issues.
- Maintain equipment and analyze operational malfunctioning with testing devices such as Fluke Networks certifiers, multimeters and test equipment to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made. Test and repair circuits and sensors based on wiring and system specifications.
- Operate and test equipment to ensure elimination of malfunctions.
- Load and test the functionality of programs for Control (Crestron/Lutron), DSP (Biamp, BSS) and security systems (programming not required)
- Lift and climb ladders to install, disconnect or repair necessary equipment.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members.
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop junior technicians.
- Comply with and enforce company and industry standards, policies and procedures.
- Participate in Job site cleanup.
- Always maintain a clean work area.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to set up, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to produce fully functional systems. This includes video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controls, and other active and passive devices.
- Understanding of signal flow, control circuit, and AV and IT system designs for in-office and site installations.
- Must understand how improper cable installs can affect testing
- Must understand the importance of proper labeling
- Should have knowledge of Industry guidelines (BICSI/AVIXA/CEDIA) for proper cable install and termination procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience soldering and crimping connectors
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills and be willing to lead other technicians
- Must possess a clean professional appearance and positive attitude
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel with a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 75 pounds, work in confined spaces (attics, crawl spaces, etc) in varied weather conditions.
- Extensive experience with the installation, termination, testing and troubleshooting Structured Cables (CAT5, 6, Cresnet, etc.) in Commercial and Residential environments
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the installation of AV systems
- Control System installation and commissioning experience. (Crestron Preferred, AMX and Extron are a plus)
- Polycom & Cisco video conference installation experience
- Audio BIAMP, BSS DSP Installation and commissioning experience
- InfoComm CTS certification required, or you must be willing to obtain the certification within the first 6 months of employment. CTS-I is a plus.
- Minimum of a Highschool Diploma or equivalent preferred
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter highlighting your unique qualities, experiences, and background.