At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
As a key member of our Apheresis team and reporting to the Apheresis Nurse Manager, the Licensed RN we seek will perform all aspects of therapeutic apheresis procedures within both mobile and fixed sites, as well as on adult and pediatric populations throughout the Southern New Jersey area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing therapeutic apheresis procedures
- Identifying criteria, obtaining consents, and handling pre/post patient assessments
- Maintaining peripheral and central venous access for procedures
- Ensuring all documentation, standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements are following and adhered too
- Performing quality control on all equipment used for procedures
- Assessing and intervening to adverse reactions/events, blood product reactions and emergencies related to procedure
- Educating patients, their families and hospital personnel
- Maintaining mobile unit inventory
- Handling other related tasks as needed
To qualify, you must have a current/valid NJ RN License, BCLS/ACLS, and 3+ years of general nursing or Apheresis Donor Specialist experience. The ability to perform physical assessments, IV Access and Blood product administration will be expected, as will a valid driver’s license and your own vehicle. Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills are essential. 2 years of hospital med/surg experience, along with IV Certification and Critical Care and/or Hemodialysis experience preferred. This position involves extensive travel within Southern New Jersey.
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (for Full Time Employment).