Working under minimal supervision, provide accurate and timely inbound and outbound movement of materials, parts, sub-assemblies and full assemblies. Position involves use of equipment and movement devices including cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, ladders, stairs, or pneumatic lifts, and rolling carts to assist in receiving inbound freight, pull inventory items for use or shipment, and to load and unload trucks.
- Counts, weighs and accurately identifies all items received and shipped. Ensures that materials are verified against vendors invoices, bills of lading, customer orders, shipping documents and or other documentation
- Maintains accurate records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records critical information such as time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped. Provides accurate and timely documentation per work instructions to ensure accuracy of data entered into the ERP system
- Prepares items for shipments. Pulls parts, adequately packages items for safe transit, appropriately labels items for accurate shipping and notifies carriers as required to ensure timely shipment of materials
- Operates forklifts, cranes, pallet jacks, pneumatic lifts and utilizes ladders, steps, rolling carts or other material handling equipment to safely access and move materials
- Utilizes computer to prepare shipping documents, reconcile shipping records with carriers and records data. Communicates via email with internal and external customers, vendors and transportation companies
- Uses computer to perform data entry in business system (SAP) or other computer applications which may Microsoft Word, Power Point & Excel documents.
- Serves as a resource with full knowledge of warehouse procedures and functions.
- May assist in training new employees; shares knowledge gained through experience
- Completes cycle counting and reconciliation in SAP.
- Works directly with outside customers on transportation and shipment of goods; may deliver and pick up material from customers or vendors
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedures.
- Regular attendance and compliance with all Company policies and rules is an essential function for the job. Overtime, including potential for nights and/or weekend shifts may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred
- On-site industrial forklift training and certification will be required within orientation & training period
- Minimum three (3) years combined experience in material handling, inventory, shipping and receiving (strong preference for experience in a similar manufacturing environment)
- Demonstrated safe operation of forklift(s) and other material handling, as evidenced by at least one (1) year experience similar to the requirements of this role
- Demonstrated ability to safely and properly use jib cranes, hoists, and overhead cranes to move and position materials.
- Experience in selection of and coordination with common carriers (UPS, FedEx, LTL and OTR truck lines for safe and compliant transport of goods intra- and inter-state
- Knowledge of US DOT rules and regulations for shipping industrial and hazardous materials.
Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel and e-mail program(s). Experience with ERP system (preferably SAP).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- creating BOL's and working with FedEx/UPS systems: 3 years
- operating forklifts: 3 years
- warehouse experience working in a manufacturing environment: 3 years
- ERP (warehouse management) systems: 3 years
- SAP: 3 years
Required work authorization: