How’d you like to be part of something BIG? As part of the Revenue Operations application support team here at Universal Studios Hollywood you’ll be building and supporting various software systems that help make Universal Studios the entertainment capital of LA!
The Revenue Operations team’s number one priority is ensuring that our various food and retail systems are delivering a stable and fast service. As a member of the team, you’ll help build, troubleshoot and operate applications to ensure system uptime, responsiveness and security. You’ll interact with team members across the IT and business landscape and have an opportunity to be a direct contributor of exciting and new technology.
The Technical Specialist's role is to assist in defining the overall strategy, standardization, and maintenance of software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes creating, testing, analyzing, implementing and supporting software programs and applications along with configuration management of various existing applications. The Technical Specialist will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Technical Specialist will serve as a key contact with the user community for solving business issues as well as providing support and guidance to the analysts on the team.
- Liaise with other technical staff to lend expertise toward driving solutions
- Lead the development and execution of testing to ensure the solution is capable of meeting the business needs and will be able to handle the Production Load
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Lead or write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Collaborate with business analysts, programmer analysts and architects in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications
- Mentor and guide junior team members on best practices
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established company policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or software engineering, and/or 8-15 years equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of experience in an IT support function
- Experience supporting a large Point of Sale applications, such as Clarity/Omnico/Freedom
- Experience with relational database experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of web application architecture and solution design
- Ability to architect complex solutions to solve for business needs
- Ability to influence teams and business partners
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and plans
- On-call availability on an occasional basis. (M-F core role)
- Willingness to travel and or work weekends with short notice
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting large scale systems, preferably inventory and warehouse management systems , such as Eatec and Cambar
- Advanced knowledge of coding methods and best practices
- Experience developing in .NET
- Advanced knowledge of SQL database and query best practices including triggers, stored procedures and reporting using SSRS
- Experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell or AutoIT
- Knowledgeable of Kitchen Display Management Systems such as QSR
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong track record meeting targets and objectives
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-function peers
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws preferred
Sub-BusinessUSH Information Technology
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.