Crunchbase is the best place to discover innovative companies, connect with the people behind them, and uncover new opportunities. Over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to inform their business decisions. We believe diverse thinking fosters the discovery of new solutions and surfaces old problems that need answers. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that people and companies with different perspectives can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that will shape how companies and people connect for the future.
Crunchbase is committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations:
Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, San Francisco, and Seattle
Data Management at Crunchbase*
The Crunchbase dataset is constantly growing through contributions from the public, our venture program, partners, and from our internal team. The Data Management team at Crunchbase leads a number of initiatives to ensure the accuracy and accelerates the growth of the Crunchbase dataset.
Are you motivated to tackle problems using data? If you are passionate about tackling a variety of projects cutting across research, content analysis, data curation, program management, user experience, and partner management, this may be the ideal role for you!
What You'll Do:
- Review and fix and data quality issues within Crunchbase data
- Review and audit outsource team’s work to ensure the accuracy of the data entered in Crunchbase
- Conduct data entry requirements using Google sheets while ensuring quality and accuracy
- Actively source relevant news sources/articles to collect data
- Build projects for outsourcing teams to add data to Crunchbase
What We're Looking For:
- You have 2-3 years of expertise working with data
- Hands-on experience working with Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with data-type manipulation
- Familiarity working within a data warehouse, and a basic understanding of relational databases
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills- speaking to internal executives and external partners comes with ease
- You have incredible attention to detail
- Experience with Google Spreadsheets; Microsoft Excel and their functions (pivot tables, table lookups, etc.)
- You are a teammate and can collaborate cross-functionally
Crunchbase values fostering growth and developing our craft by offering a generous Learning and Development reimbursement policy for all employees to use towards classes, events, conferences, and more. We look for ways to give back to our community by giving 4 days off for volunteering per year. We understand the value of taking time to refresh and offer flexible paid time off. We are working to build a better future for everyone, and offer an annual carbon-offset paid by Crunchbase for all employees. These are just a few examples of our generous benefits package, check out our careers page to find out more.
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Job Type: Full-time