Join the leading EdTech company that is redefining executive education and impacting the world's most progressive organizations. We are looking for a driven, multi-faceted individual with excellent financial planning and analysis acumen to grow with our team.
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist our Vice President of FP&A in driving the annual budgeting process, quarterly forecasts, monthly trending, and strategic initiatives. This role will provide the opportunity to grow with a best-in-class Finance Team, partner with executive leaders, and transform our operations using data to drive growth across the business. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
What you'll do:
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- Assist in building financial models for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning
- Provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior leadership
- Prepare quarterly reporting for the Board of Directors and senior leadership
- Provide ad hoc analysis for leadership as needed
- Partner with the Accounting team to support month-end and quarter-end reporting, including ownership of revenue recognition process
- Support department heads with timely analysis of departmental expenses; foster collaboration to identify any future risks, opportunities. and mitigation plans
- Routinely partner with the Commercial team to understand the pipeline of new business opportunities and expected revenue
- Prepare weekly revenue reports including key opportunities and risks and communicate with Finance & Commercial leadership
What you'll get:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, and a true passion for financial planning. Investment banking or consulting background a plus.
- You're analytical and curious. You seek meaningful and nuanced correlation and causation between activity and data.
- You're creative and know that there's always different ways to solve problems; you also have a bias for action and can pivot from analysis to solution quickly.
- Succinct delivery and communication are your forte. You can synthesize complex information into concise recommendations, explain your rationale in simple terms, and are persuasive in your delivery - all while being empathetic to your stakeholders.
- You're process-driven and goal-oriented. Deadlines and cycle-driven projects don't phase you.
- You are high-energy, agile, and understand that startups are both exciting and demanding. One moment, you're rolling up your sleeves, the next, analyzing a trajectory for 30,000 feet.
- Excel is a second language for you. Forecasting models, dashboards, and tools for decision-making are all well-within your wheelhouse - and you know how to visualize this information for high-level presentations.
- The ability to create custom tools in Excel and beyond to automate large dataset analysis.
- No detail is too small. You approach analysis and delivery with precision.
- You love to learn, see every challenge as an opportunity, and welcome feedback as an avenue for growth.
- Salesforce or similar CRM reporting ability.
- College / University education (4-year degree) from an accredited school; advanced degree is a plus. Concentrations in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or a similar discipline preferred.
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation, increasing to 25 days with 3 years tenure
- Stock options
- Participation in our ExecOnline programs and access to curated development courses in our Learning and Development Program
- Highly subsidized health insurance
- Great office locations
- 2 months paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan with Vanguard
- Commuter benefits and other perks
ExecOnline partners with top business schools, including Berkeley-Haas, Columbia, IMD, MIT-Sloan, Wharton, Chicago Booth, and Yale to rapidly deliver online leadership development programs that generate lasting organizational impact. ExecOnline's university-certified programs in strategy, innovation, operations, and more feature dynamic content tailored to the unique corporate objectives of their clients. ExecOnline has delivered transformational leadership development experiences to more than 200 organizations and 10,000 business leaders.