Distinctive Apparel International is a fast-growing company within the apparel industry. We are the parent company of Chadwicks of Boston, metrostyle, Territory Ahead, Travelsmith and Chasing Fireflies.
If you are a bright, motivated professional with a strong work ethic and positive, can-do attitude, we’d like to meet you! Our ideal candidates will be organized and detail-oriented, yet flexible enough to go-with-the-flow in a fast-paced creative atmosphere. An open mind and sense of humor is a plus.
This position will report to and work with the Lead Web Designer, to design intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent online marketing material (emails, homepages, landing pages) across multiple brands. The Senior Web Designer will produce pixel-perfect, cross-browser compatible designs with clean, semantic HTML and CSS. Plays a key role in ensuring that all creative media is coded and delivered for deployment on time and accurately.
- Work with our Lead Web Designer to translate campaign objectives into creative concepts that utilize copy and visuals to achieve results.
- Extremely well-organized and an excellent manager of your time. Very comfortable working under pressure and working irregular hours when needed.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive attitude, and can follow direction as well as take initiative.
- Responsible for creative edits to jobs (text edits, image replacements, etc.).
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Must be able to shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars.
- Translate business requirements into concepts and elegant user interface design.
- Complete all assigned work on-time, on-strategy and on-budget.
- Closely follow the latest design and technology trends and contribute to swipe library.
- Prepare all creative for coding through InDesign and Photoshop export for web.
- Ideally, candidates should be detail-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, and follow directions well.
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, composition, layout, color, and a pixel-level attention to detail.
- Intimate knowledge with the entire Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator).
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent web standards, usability, and clean compliant code.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture and navigation (HTML, DHTML, CSS and coding).
- Experience developing for mobile and tablets a plus.
- Experience using 3rd party content management systems.
- Working knowledge of text editors – Dreamweaver, Sublime Text, TextWrangler.
- Positive attitude, energy and strong desire to learn and share with our team.
- Enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and never boring.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of designing and developing websites and digital marketing (email, online ads, social marketing elements, etc.). E-commerce experience a bonus.
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have an extensive online portfolio which demonstrates your professional experience with responsive design, typography, UX/UI design and your creativity.
Job Type: Full-time