Thomeddie Gold Investors is hiring a Customer Service Representative to manage customer queries and complaints. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across a number of communication channels. To do well in this role you need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated and have experience working with computers.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
Communicating with customers through various channels.
Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
Managing a team of junior customer service representatives.
Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
Customer Service Representative Requirements:
Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
Comfortable using computers.
Experience working with customer support.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract, Commission
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 /month
- call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used:
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location