Laborer I Department of Public Works Streets/Parks/Forestry
The City of Whitewater is accepting applications for the position of Laborer I. The purpose of this position is to provide repair and maintenance of municipal streets, parking lots, parks, street/park equipment, stormwater facilities, traffic/street lighting, and forestry for the City of Whitewater.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years of experience in the construction, repair and maintenance of municipal streets, parking lots, parks, street/park equipment, stormwater facilities, traffic/street lighting, and forestry
- Experience in mechanics, minor electrical, welding, pipefitting, plumbing, asphalt, concrete, and carpentry is desirable.
- Large truck / equipment experience desirable, including snow plows, dump trucks, street sweepers, etc.
- Knowledge of arc and oxy-acetylene welding desired.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission.
- Mechanical aptitude, knowledge of basic electrical controls.
- Proficiency in computer operation and working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures including operation of Microsoft Office.
- Skill in First Aid and CPR, certification preferred.
- Wisconsin Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Ability to work effectively in cooperation with fellow employees as a member of the staff team.
- Ability to work and remain motivated in an independent work environment.
For more information and how to complete the online application, please go to: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/whitewaterwi/default.cfm
Application Deadline: August 26, 2018 TO APPLY AND FOR ASSURED CONSIDERATION, PLEASE TO TO https://agency.governmentjobs.com/whitewaterwi/default.cfm AND COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
The City is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.01 to $26.24 /hour