Camp Lee Mar
Job Description: General Counselor
Free Time: Rest Hour 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Free period daily as assigned in personal schedule
Day Off: Once Weekly as Assigned
Requirements for General Counselor Position:
- Experience working with children
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Camp counselors must be able to establish trust and rapport, and to set healthy boundaries in their work with our campers
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and a passion for interacting with individuals who have special needs
General Counselors live in bunks with their campers. They go to activities with the campers, eat meals with their group and are responsible for the campers safety, social and emotional well- being at all times.
General Counselors need to be very comfortable living in a group environment. Staff will need to be able to work in a team of 3 or 4 co-counselors and keep the bunk neat and organized at all times so the campers can be as independent as possible.
Counselors must also be comfortable working on daily living skills with the campers (showering, dressing, teeth brushing, etc . . .) Staff must have patience, energy, and the ability to see the best in every camper. We want our campers to have a great summer, but we also want them to grow and learn new skills.
General Counselors must be comfortable taking part in all activities, sports, arts and special events with their campers. Staff will also be expected to be a part of all camp shows and counselors entertainment.
Job Types: Internship, Contract
- working with special needs: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Would you like to complete our staff application? Please visit our website at www.leemar.com and under the staff heading please choose "Staff Application.
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: