Mechanical / Industrial / Process Engineering Intern
This posting is for a position within Penn Wood Products, Inc. engineering group located in East Berlin, PA. The goal of this engineering internship is to provide opportunities for students to gain real world engineering experience in the Flooring/Cabinet Industry and to help students develop professionally in a progressive manner with an increasing amount of responsibility. This position will give you an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience while working under the supervision of experienced Industrial/Mechanical/Process Engineers to meet the Company goals pertaining to process design, product commercialization, or continuous improvement.
Typical Student assignments & responsibilities may include:
- Designing and conducting pilot and production scale processes and tests, documenting and evaluating data, and writing technical reports
- Identifying process equipment through testing, establishing equipment operating parameters, and providing process flows diagrams
- Specifying, purchasing, installing, and commissioning new process equipment.
- Preparing proper documentation of project work, including PFD's, engineering calculations, process design documentation, and process test reports
- Working with multidisciplinary teams including personnel from manufacturing, product development, analytical research, quality assurance, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, packaging engineering, equipment manufacturers
- Designing, troubleshooting and optimizing manufacturing processes and products
Must be an undergraduate student majoring in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Automation Engineering, or similar program from an ABET accredited engineering program at the sophomore level or higher.
· Passionate with a strong desire to make a difference
· Intellectually curious and able to deal with ambiguity and to learn on the fly
· Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
· Ability to apply understanding of sciences (biology, chemistry, food technology, engineering) and mathematics to provide technical support to the business
· Action oriented with good planning and prioritization skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work both independently and in multidisciplinary groups/teams with a high level of motivation
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills along with creativity, flexibility, and initiative
· A desire to work hands-on in the laboratory and manufacturing environments with equipment & products.
· Proficiency with common Windows based computer software programs, including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access.
· Experience or familiarity with AutoCAD, MathCAD, SAP, and programming languages is preferred
- Eligibility to work in the United States for any employer
- A valid Drivers’ License and a means of reliable transportation
- Availability to work on a flexible schedule from time to time including off-shifts and weekends
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
Penn Wood products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of Penn Wood Products, Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible