Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
2. Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
3. Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
4. Working with bookkeeping software.
5. Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
6. Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
7. Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
8. Calculate and prepare chekcs for uilities, taxes, and other payments. Clients email invoices biweekly adn we help with issuing and mailing checks. Interns are also obligated to record every payment and prepare spreadsheets for client's reference.
9. Set up new returns by referring to prior tax returns and entering basic information into tax softwares including W-2k 1099-MIS, and other forms from authorities.