As a Pharmacy Technician I – Sterile Compounding you will be working with cutting edge technology compounding specialized and complex therapies within the clean room environment. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring patients receive their medications in a timely manner. The Pharmacy Technician position is responsible for utilizing their clinical and IV/TPN knowledge alongside the pharmacist to provide specialty infusion services that will be delivered/ administered to patients in their homes.
As part of the Coram Sterile Compounding team you will utilize your clinical knowledge and provide our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. Make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician I - Sterile Compounding include:
Learn more about us:
- Preparation and compounding of sterile products
- Maintaining the pharmacy clean room suite to 797 requirements
- Documentation of IV admixture and clean room suite sterility testing
- Complete order entry and refills under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Inventory management and storage, complete appropriate documentation, such as labels, log sheets and reports
- Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs
- Have excellent written and verbal customer service skills and advanced computer skills in order to interact with key partners and patients
- Additional licensure may be required in multi-state service areas
- Active Pharmacy Technician Registration
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- 1 year or more year of IV compounding experience OR graduate of Pharmacy Technician program
- 2 or more years of IV compounding experience
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.