Description & Responsibilities
The Technology and Certification Associate for LEEDARSON North America will be responsible for IoT solutions support of the office and customers, pre and post technical sales support and application testing and support. The associate will also work closely with the R&D teams in Asia. IoT solutions include connected lighting, sensors, hubs, gateways and user facing applications. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, updating, maintaining company tools used for internal operational purposes as well as customer-facing services.
- Documentation generation and maintenance; including design, training, troubleshooting, FAQ, issue tracking, resolution logs, user documentation and other content as requested.
- Internal and customer-facing support on tools: answering questions from staff and customers.
- Participate in standards development organizations’ conference calls and meetings as requested.
- Maintain office and customer demonstration systems and office showroom with the most current versions of products, firmware and software.
- Serve in a support and troubleshooting role for evaluation of new products.
- Provide technical/IT level assistance to staff regarding computing platforms, local network and tool usage as required to support the office showroom, demonstration kits and individual devices.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience on the following areas:
- Web APIs
- REST architecture; JSON data representations
- Wireless communication principles
- Use of wireless protocol analyzers
- Use of electronic tools such as multimeters and soldering tools
- Ability to perform software and firmware updates on devices
- Knowledge/experience with IEEE 802.15.4 based protocols and/or Zigbee is a plus
- Knowledge/experience with Z-Wave is a plus
- Knowledge/experience with WIFI, Thread, lower power wireless and other IoT infrastructures is a plus
- Knowledge of IOS/Android Application programming a plus
- Basics of Cloud solutions
- Understanding in basic lighting technology is a plus
- Strong communications skills and ability to consult in a client-facing role
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working/collaborating across a globally diverse team
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Ability to travel 15 – 20 % of the time
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the US.
Salary based on level of experience
- Paid time off
- Health/dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs of FSAs
- Workplace perks such as snacks/coffee, team building activities
Job Type: Full-time
- CSS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Zigbee: 1 year (Preferred)
- Internet Of Things: 1 year (Preferred)
- IT: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts