* Note- we have not identified the territory for this position as of yet. Must be willing to relocate!
Provide the leadership for the marketing/operating functions for the Full Service Restaurant Profit Centers within an assigned geographic area. This includes the hiring/staffing, training, development, and supervision of approximately 5 - 9 General Managers to maximize the Restaurants profitability by building and maintaining a strong loyal customer base within company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement company safety programs and ensures that programs are in place and properly executed to ensure the safety of customers and employees alike.
- Inspects locations to verify the implementation and effectiveness of the programs to include Safety Committee Meetings and new employee/annual safety training.
- Gains an ongoing commitment of all managers within their territory in using on-line accident reporting and the Emergency Telephone Procedures to report incidents.
- Jointly with the GMs, recruits new management personnel according to staffing matrix that are capable of meeting or exceeding Company performance standards in accordance to our EEO policy statement.
- Oversees that GMs maintain a viable “back-up list” including manager-intraining (MIT) candidates for management openings. Assures all approved positions are filled for assigned sites.
- Ensures training is provided to all employees in the areas of new employee orientation, safety, customer service, and performance standards, according to the established training path. Monitors all required documentation to ensure completeness and securely filed. Coaches GMs to be in compliance with the wage schedule/review schedule for all employees according to company policy. Conducts/Reviews management team quarterly and annually appraisals.
- Provide the leadership to GMs to promote employee recognition and the development of the profit center staff.
- Practices a continual two-way communication flow of information with GMs. Encourages the same with their management team at each site (i.e. conference calls, group meetings, emails, and site visits etc.)
- Supports the culture of continual two-way communication flow of information to all employees within the profit center and between profit centers within the site (i.e. pre-shift meetings, monthly sales meetings etc.)
- Constantly demonstrates a professional manner of a high level of character, honesty and integrity in conducting the business affairs of the sites.
- Inspires the GMs, their management teams and all employees do the same.
- Develops a trusting atmosphere that is conducive to receiving feedback from GMs, their staff and customers; at all times.
- Models a professional image in language and behavior.
- As necessary, coach, discipline, and/or terminate the management team according to company policy.
- Reviews all customer complaints and ensures they are handled appropriately and promptly. Personally contacts customers when appropriate.
- Ensure all operational procedures are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicates with the Director weekly with updates on assigned sites.
- Leads the GMs in the management of the profit center operations within their territories. Accountable for the total financial function of the profit centers to maximize the profitability in all sales areas.
- Monitors expenses vs. budgets.
- Coaches GMs to perform various monthly audits to ensure that mandated control and security procedures are followed and make operational adjustments where needed. Maintains a high awareness of competitive practices and prices that could have an impact on our business and keeps the appropriate people updated. Offers recommendations when appropriate.
- Coaches GMs to gain an ongoing commitment by all employees to company guidelines for proper non-fuel and fuel inventory levels, cash on hand, product pricing, and product mix in daily operations.
- At random, verifies compliance (i.e. by performing inventory counts, cash draw inspections, safe control measures and reconciling all differences.)
- Provides the GMs the guidance to establish and maintain the staffing levels according to labor model for each site.
- Maintains trust in GMs and gains a strong commitment by all employees to company policy to adequately and effectively maintaining and safeguarding company property, equipment, funds and merchandise.
- Monitors sales, margins and expenses vs. budgets and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Stands accountable for all financial results within territory.
- Coaches GMs to develop and implement sales promotions and assure the success of the promotions.
- Ensures that each GM completes all training requirements.
- Fulfills franchise responsibilities as described by the TA franchising agreement.
- Takes the leadership role in the commitment to all company marketing and operation programs to meet budgets and EBITDAR targets within territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten plus years of supervisory and management experience preferably in a travel center restaurant environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extends trust and builds a professional environment with all business relationships.
- Leads people through a clear vision, proper training, ongoing development and positive recognition to unleash the talent within each employee.
- Proficient in planning and analytical skills (i.e. understanding the calculations on the P &L, coverage ratio, budget & expense reports… etc.) to create positive financial results at all times. To stay current with industry “best practices” by bench marking competitors, reading convenience Restaurant periodicals, proficient in the latest technical procedures/systems/software (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, and company Restaurant Systems…etc.), and governmental regulations.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills to deliver information clearly and accurately in responding to questions from groups of managers and from the general public.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the DM to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and carry merchandise items weighing up to approximately 50 pounds.
- Climb a ladder to reach supplies stored in overhead areas as well as to inspect for cleanliness. Stand/walk for up to ten hours.
- Sit for periods up to four hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with appropriate insurance coverage. Operate computer efficiently.
- Good vision, hand coordination, fine motor skills and manual dexterity.
- Work irregular hours in exterior and interior conditions
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)