At Korn Ferry, we grasp every opportunity to surprise others and ourselves by going beyond expectations to deliver a bit extra. We call it exceeding potential. To inspire and excite people, teams, even entire organizations. To bring companies’ strategies to life. To unite boardrooms and workforces. To unlock potential, realize ambitions, and change lives. Together, we are smarter. Together we are stronger. Together, we are more than.
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 7,500 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions.
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
Korn Ferry seeks to hire a Principal Consultant to join the Executive Pay and Governance team. The ideal incumbent will have significant experience with executive compensation and be capable of working with senior leaders and Boards of Directors in client organizations across a broad range of compensation, technical, and governance issues. Principal consultants work closely with colleagues to deliver complex, customized and multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations.
At the Principal level, business development and client relationship management are key expectations of the role in addition to delivering and overseeing high quality work. This is the level for highly experienced consultants. Individuals may major in either delivery or business development or have more of a mixed portfolio. Regardless of major, individuals will contribute to proposals and manage/lead relationships and/or projects of considerable complexity.
Skills & Experience
- Develop and manage client relationships either as a member of an account team or by directly managing accounts, including potential key accounts. Contribute to key accounts by managing project work streams and/or leading delivery teams.
- Contribute to winning profitable business by proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation, and opportunity spotting in clients. Assess the needs of large/complex clients, designing and delivering solutions to meet their needs.
- Lead research, analysis and interpretation on client / sector business issues, performance, client competitor performance, etc. with a view to identifying possible opportunities. Look for ways to build new client relationships, e.g., active networking, asking for referrals, partnering across KF lines of business. Leverage insights to define, recommend and /or co-create strategic solutions for the clients.
- Deliver high quality work that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Facilitate project teams by defining scope, objectives and project management structure ensuring a constant focus on outcomes. Leverage the expertise of internal industry or practice experts across the KF business. Projects may span multiple service lines and would typically involve managing multiple consultants from other offices/countries. Typical timescales could be 6-12 months.
- Contribute to thought leadership and/or research. Speak at local or national events in own area of expertise to enhance the KF brand. Develop relationships with industry and thought leaders externally to increase awareness and prestige of KF.
- Support less experienced consultants through mentoring and project-based development and coaching.
- Develop deeper expertise in at least one expertise area and become conversant in of all Korn Ferry (KF) offerings in order to draw on appropriate practice expertise to provide business solutions, including those that may require inter-service line approaches. Continue to deepen and broaden own consulting skills, business or sector understanding and expertise. Extend a strong internal brand and network of KF consultants.
- Work with KF industry leaders to develop and customize offerings within a service line and targeted at a particular industry.
- Typically, a relevant higher (Master’s or Doctorate) degree plus significant (c. 8 years) relevant work experience in a consultancy and/or a client HR function. Alternatively, significant work experience (c. 8 years) in a top tier professional services firm.
- Experience working on the design and implementation of base pay programs, annual incentives, long-term incentives, and an understanding of global reward principles
- Experience analyzing business issues and identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients’ complex executive compensation challenges.
- Is recognized as a go-to person in a defined ‘major’ discipline and is able to scope, design, and deliver non-standard solutions to meet client needs.
- Has an in-depth understanding of clients/industries supported and can apply business offerings at the senior level.