HR Administrator Job Description
Imagine life without the telephone. Millions of people in the United States have trouble hearing on the phone due to hearing loss. This is a real, everyday barrier. Thanks to CaptionCall, people who are hard-of hearing are able to read what a caller is saying when they are on the phone. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment while making a difference in our communities.
The HR Administrator will assist the HR Team primarily in administering the ADA program and assisting with related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the initial HR contact for ADA.
-- Reviews ADA requests.
-- Conducts the interactive process.
-- Makes accommodation determinations.
-- Works with the employee and manager on implementation.
-- Tracks accommodations and manages reporting of ADA issues
- Assists with requests in the general HR Inbox.
- Works in environment with ambiguity, and makes judgment calls and recommendations on resolution of issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and goals
- Strong sense of ownership, attention to details, and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and with a team as required
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year HR experience
- Prior ADA and employee relations experience preferred
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to change
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience with various HRIS and recruiting platforms preferred
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
CaptionCall®, because life is calling.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall® is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- HRIS: 1 year (Preferred)
- ADA or Employee Relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)
- Salt Lake City, UT (Required)