Are you ready to apply your development skills to make a difference defending your country? The growing Space Security division within Mission Solutions is looking for a strong software engineer that is seeking a challenge. The successful candidate will serve as a software developer for a team tasked with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing web services and user interfaces to meet mission needs. The candidate should have background in software architecture/design/development in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or OpenStack. Experience with database architecture (including relational and NoSQL databases) and publish/subscribe style messaging is also desired.
The software engineer will be involved in all phases of the agile development engineering process including but not limited to design, development, test, and demonstration during each sprint and release. They must be able to communicate effectively with the team at daily scrums, to work through roadblocks and resolve issues quickly.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Demonstrated proficiency (8+ years of experience) in software development
- Solid understanding (3+ years of experience) of open architecture, cloud computing design, and security principles
- Experience designing and implementing web-based User Interfaces (5+ years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge/experience (3+ years of experience) with cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services or OpenStack)
- Demonstrated understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Current TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience developing and deploying apps to the cloud
- Experience in refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during cloud migration activities
- Experience integrating disperse systems via machine-to-machine interfaces
- Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
- Experience with database architecture / design
- Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
- Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
- Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.