Job Code403033 Staff Assistant III
Duties & Responsibilities
This full-time, non-exempt position in the Reunion and Annual Campaigns group supports the Managing Director, Direct Marketing and Participation. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of duties to ensure smooth daily operations, effective administration, and clear communications for the Marketing team. This position requires a high level of organization, initiative, and professionalism. Assists with various projects managed through Direct Marketing as needed.
Acts as a liaison with Operations, Business Intelligence, CAADS, Communications, Digital Strategies, Alumni and Donor Services, and other departments around the University to help manage the creation and organization of broadcast print, email, and online fundraising communications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Monitors mail and email appeal schedules and follow up with key players to ensure adherence to them. Organizes samples for the Direct Marketing team. Shares appeal calendars, samples, and other information with staff as needed and maintains the Direct Marketing page on The Source (AA&D’s internal website).
2. Runs, formats and disseminates analytic reports to the Direct Marketing team on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
3. Leads management of email accounts and non-monetary responses to appeals, monitoring, triaging, and, when appropriate, responding to both electronic and hard copy messages daily.
4. Supports the daily operations of the Crimson Caller student calling program, including payroll and daily/post-shift reports.
6. Conducts research into best practices (online and offline) by industry and across peer-institutions to create annual benchmarks.
8. Assists the Managing Director with budget tracking and expenses.
9. Manages the calendar and scheduling for the Managing Director.
10. Provides project support for Direct Marketing team ranging from monitoring appeal and social media performance to proofreading, appeal data review and quality control, and preparing project materials.
11. Supports Direct Marketing team for expense reports, supply orders, and meeting planning.
13. Serves as key liaison and Direct Marketing Team ambassador with other staff assistants throughout AA&D.
1-2 years of related experience, education may count towards experience.
Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies in database management. Advanced expertise in the functional use of Excel, Word, and Outlook are required (mail merges, report generation). Excellent word processing and accurate keyboarding skills required.
Occasional overtime hours may be required.
1. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to establish and promote good working relationships with peers, alumni volunteers, and donors. Must be flexible and possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under deadline pressure. Must be able to work independently and take initiative as well as be a committed team player.
2. BS/BA preferred.
3. Must be professional, proactive, collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented. Must have an optimistic and positive demeanor, a sense of humor, and good intuition. Must have definite abilities to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, adapt to changing priorities, and display good, sound judgment.
4. Must be motivated to learn and be open to change.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong computer skills; experience with databases (such as Advance and Smart Call), Windows, Word, Excel, Photoshop, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, and social media platforms preferred.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department’s mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University’s fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package
Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year.
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Alumni Affairs and Development, General Administration
USA - MA - Cambridge
Alumni Affairs & Development
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.