Lofty Cafe in Enicnitas, CA is looking for one shift leader to join our 12 person strong team. We are located on 7740 El Camino Real Ste A. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and reliable. Compensation: $15.50 + TIPS. Must have open availability.
This job contributes to the success of Lofty Co. by assisting the Area Manager in fostering a positive work environment and deliver outstanding service for our guests. The Shift Lead is responsible for supporting Area Manager with managing the day-to-day café operations, supporting team members with essential duties and maintaining high product quality and café standards. The Shift Lead is a role for Lofty guest service standards
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Lofty Co. and display a guest-first attitude
- Ensure that all drink recipes and procedures are followed maintaining the highest quality and Lofty standard.
- Ensure that all baked goods and miscellaneous food items maintain the highest quality.
- Educate all team members about our various types of coffee blends, coffee roasts, tea product, beverages, food items and retail product.
- Respond proactively to prevent customer services issues and resolve all guest issues with urgency and in a professional manner.
- Solicit customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Provide guidance and actively set an example for team members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Be proficient on SQUARE App with attention to detail using notes and data accuracy for guest orders.
- Assist General Manager in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that team members adhere to meal and break policy.
- Perform all front and back of house functions including but limited to opening + closing procedures, maintaining cleanliness standards, coordinating break schedule, order processing, invoicing, daily tip reporting, communicating with
- Prepare beverages to Lofty standards and follow all drink recipes maintaining the highest quality.
- Understand coffee extraction and be able to taste defects to adjust and correct accordingly.
- Able to operate all coffee equipment proficiently including but not limited to espresso machines, grinders and coffee brew tools.
- Stay dialed to Lofty standard of espresso perimeters through entire shift.
- Precise preparation and deliverance of drinks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a clean workstation following company standards and guidelines.
- FIFO guidelines: First-in = First-out rotation of coffee beans, milk, syrups to ensure freshness and proper sell-through.
- Display coffee bean sourcing origins and coffee roast knowledge.
- Display knowledge of Lofty milk products offerings, proprietary syrups, drink recipes and ingredients.
- Be mindful of guest food allergies.
- Prepare food to Lofty standards and follow all recipes and correct proportions maintaining the highest quality.
- Present food in intended containers and follow plating standards.
- Able to operate all kitchen equipment proficiently.
- Must have basic knife skills.
- Maintain clean workstation following company standards and guidelines.
- FIFO guidelines: First-in = First-out rotation of food product to ensure freshness and proper sell-through.
- Follow safe food handling guidelines
- Be mindful of guest food allergies.
- 2+ years coffee, restaurant, retail management or customer service experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills with guests, teammates and supervisors.
- Proficient on Square POS and KDS systems.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays to support business needs.
- Must be able to adhere to time and attendance policy by reporting to work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Hold yourself and teammates accountable for actions aligning with company standards.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task under pressure.
- Required to regularly prepare food and beverages while adhering to food safety standards.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30lbs.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with guest and teammates.
- Must adhere to Lofty Co. dress code.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.