Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
Provide financial counseling services regarding payment arrangements and financial assistance for uninsured and underinsured patients presenting a financial need. Records and maintains comprehensive documentation of patient enrollment activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide financial counseling services regarding payment arrangements and financial assistance for uninsured and underinsured patients presenting a financial need by phone or in person
- Ensures all active patients are screened for eligibility opportunity for Co-Pay and Foundation assistance programs
- Records and maintains comprehensive documentation of patient enrollment activities
- Notifies appropriate department of determinations and outcomes via verbal and written communication as appropriate
- Obtain information and signatures on financial assistance program applications and route timely for optimal financial turn-around
- Assist Patient Accounting with any patient assistance needs
- Answer patient calls and requests promptly and efficiently
- Refer patients as appropriate to outside social services organizations
- Follows Tennessee Oncology Patient Advocate Policy & Procedure parameters as outlined by management to ensure standardization of function.
- Initiates enrollment and ordering of drug for patients without coverage for assigned clinics.
- Properly documents all account activity in Patient Management and Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Communicates with Drug Authorization Coordinator, clinical staff, and patient accounting regarding patient treatment and drug enrollment status.
- Obtains self pay and absence of coverage notification from Drug Authorization Coordinator and checks for treatment needs.
- Keeps current on all pharmaceutical and community resources for assistance and utilizes programs.
- Completes daily evaluation of Pending Log, utilizing follow up date to prioritize workload.
- Develops and promotes professional rapport with Pharmaceutical Representatives.
• One year experience in a directly related role
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Working knowledge of government and managed care benefit structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and establish collaborative relationships with physicians, patients, clinical and administrative staff, and the public
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of clinic office procedures, medical practice and medical terminology.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of end-user computer applications regarding productivity (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), database and patient scheduling and other medical information systems.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
- Billing Office experience desired.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be willing and able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel to satellite clinics when necessary.