The Houston Astros are currently seeking an Amateur Scouting Analyst in the Player Acquisition Department. This position will support the efforts of the domestic and international scouting departments by providing comprehensive evaluation of players based on numerous information streams. The Analyst will also work closely with the Research & Development department in addition to the field scouting staff. This position will be in Houston, Texas.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Basic Requirements / Qualifications:
- Produce written and verbal player evaluations utilizing video, scouting information, and technology to enhance the player acquisition decision-making process
- Collect, organize, and analyze player data to streamline evaluation across player markets
- Interact regularly with field scouts and members of the baseball community
- Assist with database maintenance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong baseball knowledge
- Capacity to combine information from multiple data sources to solve problems
- Ability to convey complex findings in a concise, articulate manner to a decision-making audience
- Proficiency with SQL and SQL databases preferred
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel preferred
- High level of attention to detail
- Capacity to use time efficiently and work nights and weekends
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years’ work experience sought from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to, sports, finance, development, academia, consulting or similar fields.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.