A leading US law firm, is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal for its Fort Lauderdale office. Working with the firm's Product Liability Practice Group, the successful candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of litigation paralegal experience and trial experience is required. Experience working in mass tort, product liability and/or medical device litigation is preferred. This position will assist and support all aspects of a busy litigation practice.
- Prepare pleadings and other legal documents, correspondence, and exhibits, format and proof.
- Gather facts, documents, and evidence to assist in the initiation of legal action or motion practice.
- Assist with discovery requests and responses; conduct document searches; collect medical records via authorization and to a much lesser extent via subpoena, organize documents and coordinate document productions, including bates-stamping, redaction, production logs, and e-discovery.
- Maintain and search document repository and claims management databases.
- Work with clients and class members to gather and convey information.
- Prepare materials for oral arguments, depositions, and other litigation proceedings.
- Prepare for trials; organize exhibits, witness materials, the trial notebook, and all other supporting documents; coordinate trial logistics.
- File and retrieve documents on federal court database – PACER.
- Review, analyze and summarize client and plaintiff-submitted documents.
Qualified candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of Federal court rules and procedures, experience in Relativity or a comparable database, and experience with medical records collections.
Job Type: Full-time
- paralegal: 5 years (Required)