Do you love children? Would you like to change the world? Do you have a passion for inspiring the next generation?
At Rise and Shine Daycare Center we believe that by instilling confidence, love, and curiosity in the children under our care, we can literally change the world through them. We are looking for a teacher that has a heart for children, that will love our children and teach them to be leaders that they were meant to be. We are very picky, as are our center's parents, and rightfully so.. We are looking for a tender, experienced and highly qualified teacher that will sweeten the lives of our children, teach them that learning is fun and prepare them as they develop from infants to toddlers, to preschool and beyond..
Are you that person? If so, we are currently hiring
We are looking for a caring and energetic individual who will be responsible for the children enrolled in your classroom, including keeping track of children, writing and implementing lesson plans, parent communications and all other day to day operations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Knowledge of the social, emotional, intellectual and creative needs of children
- Ensure that children are actively engaged in a safe, stimulating and organized environment
- Actively develop and maintain positive relationships with families and children
- Treating all of the children with dignity and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of the children and parents.
- Maintain accountability for the children in your care during the course of your shift, including charting all diaper changes, feedings, and naps.
- Writing notes on the children's Daily Sheets
- Attend all staff meetings and recommended required trainings.
- Responsible for knowing and following the policies and procedures of the Center, and State Licensing Rules & Regulations.
- Work well with fellow associates and supervisors.
- Meet yearly continuing education requirements.
- Informal assessments of children
- Ability to provide the highest quality of Early Childhood Education while following Developmentally Appropriate Practice at all times
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood preferred.
- At least one year of experience in Early Childhood.
- Early Childhood I & II and Infant/Toddler completed.
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid Training and SIDS/Shaken Baby
- Pass a background and criminal check
Additional Information and Disclaimers:
- Regular attendance is required.
- Ability to be flexible in work assignments and hours
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Location: City of Fairfax near George Mason University
Lead Teacher: 4-5 years teaching experience in lead teaching position is desired.
Assistant Teacher: 2-3 years teaching experience in a preschool environment is desired.
We are open from 7am-6pm and are interested in those individuals with flexible schedules and an interest to work year round. We are looking for people who truly enjoy and appreciate children ages 6 weeks to 6 years old and have good verbal and written communication skills. There are great opportunities for growth
Please send salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time