Report to: Director Career Services
This position is to provide financial support to the Career Services Director and work directly with the Financial Service Manager. The individual will be responsible for providing a high level of customer services to organization’s clients, i.e. Participants and Employers, as well as to training Institution. This position manages the process of financial aid (Training Vouchers and Supportive service vouchers, internship, On the Job training) and will coordinate work with the financial department
- Reviews and oversees processes for Financial Aid package Training and Support obligations, prior to submitting for payment and or billing
- Inputting approved Obligations to the Participant tracking data base system and produce Career Center’s weekly reports for management
- Review verify and match documents with support vouchers, or approved ITA and input information in database, batch and transmit Package to fiscal department for payment.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks in preparing, processing and or verifying Participants’ Financial Aid Package. (Class Room Training, OJT, Internship, Gas Card , Background Checks, and other Support Vouchers)
- Responding to and mitigating customer complaints, concerns and comment in a cordial and respectful way, escalating to mangers
- Reconcile customer accounts with relevant information as required for data management.
- Communicate program updates and progress of the career center on a regular basis to Sr. FEC Management
- Work with program mangers and Managing accountant to increase productivity and ensure efficiency in everyday task
- Reconcile and balance training and support obligations and payments monthly and perform the required Period end closing in a timely manner
- Responsible for providing Participants’ related financial information to Managing accountant in preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and annual fiscal closing of books and reconciliation
- Reconciles obligation, deobligation and payment information with information from MIS unit and Fiscal department
- Process documents and insure accurate intake of all eligibility/ financial aid forms as they relate to different programs
- Assist in the determination of participant’s eligibility and relaying information to the appropriate Program manager.
- Lead prospective and current participants through the completion process of program enrollment as needed
- Assist the Career Center team with Customer Follow up and request missing or incomplete documents from Participants
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality as required and necessary
- Assists with audits by outside entities
- Performs other related duties as required
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Calmness under pressure, maintain records in a timely and accurate record.
- Work on several assignments simultaneously, assess priorities, meet deadlines and work independently within established guild lines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, at least two years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping or related field, at least 6 hours of basic accounting or bookkeeping courses
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely computer literate/proficient in Excel, Word and outlook, and MIP
- Must be able to pass Excel and other related program assessments.
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to lead a 2 person team of Financial Aide Specialists and work with Sr. Management
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have personal transportation, driver license and auto insurance.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations as required
Excellent benefits; health & dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 403b significant pension contribution, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid vacation and sick and fitness program
Apply in person at the Full Employment Council/Missouri Career Center
Location: 1740 Paseo, KCMO (M-F 8-5)
Or submit through Indeed
Posted October 29, 2018
Applications accepted until position is filled
NO PHONE CALLS
The Full Employment Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All voice telephone numbers may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment via the Missouri Relay Services 711.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- accounting: 2 years (Preferred)