Los Angeles Centers for Alcohol and Drug Abuse
HIRING CLINICIANS FOR OUTPATIENT, AND RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS
Locations: Santa Fe Springs, South Gate, Los Angeles, Alhambra
Salary: $32 - 35 Depending on education, experience, skillset and hiring site.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and in close collaboration with the Clinical Manager, the
Clinician is responsible for clinical duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate patients for appropriate participation in treatment and level of care.
- Administer ASI, ASAM, psychosocial and other diagnostic assessments under the supervision of the Clinical
- Work collaboratively with Coordinators, Substance Abuse Counselors, Managers and other staff in providing best practices.
- Refer clients to other agencies, for appropriate coordinated care, and assist in developing of policy of coordinated care involving the Outpatient and Community Services.
- Department and like-minded community partners.
- Work collaboratively with members of the agency’s Clinical Management Team.
- Document accordingly into EHR within required turnaround time.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate occasional psycho-educational groups.
- Provide individual counseling sessions with substance abuse, mental health and co-occurring clients.
- Provide DSM Diagnoses.
- Review and approve treatment plans
- Comply with confidentiality and HIPAA requirements
- Comply with requirements regarding mandated reporting;
- Comply with all agency practices, policies and procedures, including but not limited to CARF requirements;
- Participate in continuing education, as required by Licensing bodies and / or agency;
- Schedule, coordinate, attend and participate in regular, on-going in-service trainings for the benefit of the agency;
- Participate in staff meetings as required;
- Must review and be familiar with the agency’s EOC (Environment of Care) plan;
- Other duties as requested by Clinical or Program Manager.
- Must be License eligible from the state of California as AMFT, or ACSW, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of addiction, recovery, Co-dependency, family systems theory, and treatment skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingual English /Spanish preferred.
- Master Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other related Human Services field from an accredited school (minimum requirement).
Must be able to pass the following pre-employment screenings:
- Background check, including criminal history (LA CADA considers all applicants equally and will take into account each applicant’s individual life circumstances).
- Drug and health screen, including negative TB test
- Employment and education verification
The Los Angeles Centers for Alcohol and Drug Abuse (L.A. CADA) is a licensed and certified substance use and behavioral treatment provider by the State of California’s Department of Health Care Services and the County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health – Substance Abuse Prevention and Control.
LA CADA was founded in 1971, and we are proudly celebrating our 50th anniversary this spring. Initially LA CADA serviced those with addiction and behavioral challenges, after much growth and development we with our multiple sites & multidisciplinary approach we service the following:
- Adult services Probation approved parenting program
- Violence Treatment/Prevention Client
Engagement & Navigation Services (CENS) HIV/AIDS Education Prevention
- Residential Treatment Parent Support Group
- Recovery Bridge Housing (RBH) Wellness Center
- Outpatient Treatment and Intensive Outpatient Treatment for Co-occurring Mental Health and
Program Substance Abuse Disorders
- Domestic Violence Offenders for Male and Culturally Responsive Services (LGBTQ)
Female Offenders Systems-Impacted Services (Persons
- Domestic Violence for Victims Experiencing Homeless; PEH)
L.A. CADA also offers Drug Education / Diversion, Parenting Education, Anger Management, and Domestic Violence counseling services, authorized or approved by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, the Los Angeles
County Department of Probation, the Los Angeles County Superior Court, and / or meeting the requirements of the Los
Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services. Additionally, L.A. CADA offers HIV / AIDS prevention and intervention services, including HIV testing.
LA CADA is committed to servicing an underserved and vulnerable population. Our staff is dedicated to provide a tailored treatment fitted for individuals and their families. Here at LA CADA all staff are provided on-going training and professional development to help our community.
LA CADA offers competitive salary, 100% paid medical & dental health plans, vision, sponsored life insurance, additional life & incidental insurance plans, 403B retirement, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Time-Off: vacation, sick,
COVID, bereavement, observe 11 paid holidays, eligible PSLF (Public Student Loan Forgiveness), in-house PCR & rapid
COVID-19 testing, continuing education units and room to grow.
Be a part of making a positive difference. Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- AMFT, ACSW or APCC (Required)
Work Location: One location