The Sr. Application Developer will be responsible for support and development of Dynamics AX, and related custom code and integrations.In addition to core ERP modifications and intregrations, the developer will develop related reports and business intelligence solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the subject matter expert with respect Dynamics AX development, SDLC and architectural best practices.
- Designs, develops, and maintains programs and modules, including functional (FDD) and technical (TDD) design and change management documentation.
- Performs code reviews with other developers.
- Work with business unit leaders to define and document application requirements and to test solutions against those requirements.
- Analyze, design, develop, test and roll out custom application and packaged software solutions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies complex computer programs including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to develop and support the company’s software applications, including Dynamics AX, e-commerce, sales, operations and finance systems.
- Maintain the standards, controls, process and best practices for enterprise application development and consistent with application architecture / integration and product direction.
- Develops written functional specifications based on analysis of customer requirements.
- Develops technical designs based on the functional specifications.
- Generates cost / effort estimates for software development tasks.
- Develops application prototypes.
- Ensures that solutions are fully integrated and tested both technically and within the business process.
- Provide second tier support both during and outside of normal business hours. Is “on-call” as needed.
- Mentors junior developers.
- Work with IT and business unit leadership in defining strategies and setting priorities for business system improvement.
- Participate in the rollout of new IT initiatives including development of training materials.
- Research and stay abreast of new technologies and solutions.
- Maintain and execute on a continuing personal development plan to stay up-to-date on new development and testing practices, foundational technologies and to sharpen skills on existing ones and explore areas of personal interest.
- Design, develop and modify custom database queries and reports as needed in support of operational performance analysis.
- Relies on extensive experience and seasoned judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or related curriculum and at least five years directly related experience, including enterprise scale assignments. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, directly related experience and certification beyond minimums will be considered.
- Solid development foundation including development and integration experience with enterprise applications / environments and .NET framework – including use of Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and general architectures.
- At least 5 years development experience with ERP systems (C#, X++, MorphX), specifically Microsoft Dynamics AX, including: implementations, upgrades, customizations, integrations, change management, business process improvement and development.
- Experience with enterprise level presentation and delivery methods (ASPX, ASMX, WSDL, WCF, WPF, Win32 Services, Win Forms).
- Experience with manufacturing, supply chain, logistics operations desirable.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project (or equivalent), Visio and process mapping and design tools.
- Database modeling, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS experience desirable.
- Must be self-directed with a high level of reasoning and problem-solving ability related to information structure/analysis, database design and process improvement.
Job Type: Full-time