In this position you will be responsible for the general accounting, period end close activities and bank and balance sheet notes and reconciliations. Assist accounting supervisors on period end reporting and analysis requirements. You will anticipate, research, and respond to accounting enquiries by divisions, corporate and internal/external auditors. Participate in Bill 198 audits as needed.
Record, review, analyze and ensure proper controls on GL accounting entries under the shared services responsibilities.
Responsible for period end close activities, bank and balance sheet preparation, reconciliations, corrections and notes.
Customer Service: Respond to divisions, internal and external audits related to GL accounting entries and reconciliation enquiries.
Participate in Bill 198 audits for all divisions as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional accounting experience minimum 6 years
- Good planning and organization skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-tasks work load
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Computer literate (proficient in Excel)
- Team player and self motivated
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree - Accounting
3-5 years experience
- Position can be very stressful with large work loads and tight deadlines.
- Due to multiple tasks, conflicts can occur trying to determine priorities.
- Cross functional support required to provide procurement, operations with appropriate level of analysis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $69,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year