Winston Plywood and Veneer, LLC (also referred to as “Winston”, “the mill”, or “the Company”) is an operating company of New Wood Resources LLC, an Atlas Holdings company. Winston is one of the most modern and efficient mills in North America. This company is committed to providing a workplace that promotes service, respect, and excellence. In addition, Winston employees must consider team member safety, customers, the community, and the company before any decision making.
As a (Weekend only) Production Worker, the employee is responsible for carrying out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects. The Production Worker is also responsible for acting as a relief operator in various departments by operating equipment in assigned areas when operators are otherwise not available due to vacation, absenteeism, etc. A Production Worker receives work experience and related training instruction to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform at entry level in various departments, in order to transition into a department upon available openings.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required functions.
- Clean up debris in and around machines, using blowers, shovels, and pitch forks in order to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Train and work in various departments as a relief operator to cover other employee’s vacations, absenteeism, etc.
- Interpret work instructions adequately and successfully completing tasks as assigned.
- Learn to operate various machines throughout the mill
- Understand all company procedures, policies, and practices that is relevant to job position
- Must comply with all safety and OSHA regulations, including lock-out/tag-out procedures within the department
- Communicate with Tender and/or Supervisor on departmental issues
- Provide support and guidance to less experienced personnel
- Employee must also perform any duty deemed necessary by management
Production Workers who are able to perform these duties safely and effectively allows for the mill to run smoothly. It is imperative that each employee does his or her job to the utmost of their ability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and arms to grasp, push, pull, reach, or lift at, to the side of, or above shoulder level
- Able to work safely around moving mechanical equipment and nip points
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in work areas
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and safety standards
- Must be able to lift and carry from 25 to 50 pounds frequently
- Able to monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
- Able to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibrations in which certain PPE is required
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Capable of working in hot and/or cold environments.
- Able to work beyond or less than normally scheduled work hours.
- Subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
- Responsible for wearing the required PPE for each job tasks as specified.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Basic Math and English skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, and/or experience
- May require some vocational training or job-related course work
- Production work Sat / Sun 7am-7pm & 7pm -7am this will be 2 shifts.
Note: This position description provides a working overview of the subject position and may be adjusted from time to time to recognize operational needs and process evaluations. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.'
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Louisville, MS 39339: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location