Hensley Industries is seeking a strategic-minded and results-focused Product Manager** to join its dynamic products and marketing team in the Dallas, Texas headquarters. The ideal candidate should be ready to work in tandem with our sales, marketing, and engineering teams as well as independently to provide product life cycle management of the bucket and lip business for excavators and loaders.
You will be leading product growth initiatives based on a clear understanding of customer needs, market dynamics, and the key competitors to your products. In utilizing your product management skills, you will be the primary contact for product questions, development projects, and pricing decisions.
Manage the Product life cycle with responsibilities including product strategy, business cases, customer VOC, product launch, market & competitor knowledge, product health, pricing & quotations, and product promotions.
- Responsible for the product line management in order to maximize revenues and profitability
- Develop and improve the product management capabilities and processes to support sales growth
- Develop and improve the competitive knowledge database to support new product development and product improvement as well as “value proof” for sales promotional materials
- Develop and improve the in-depth understanding of the global markets and customers for product line to better understand opportunities, threats & market trends
- Make recommendations and develop business cases for new products and product modifications to ensure a strong competitive position with products meeting performance targets
- Develop and implement Product Launch plans to best position the introduction of products
- Determine the needs for promotional materials/sales support materials for products that complement the sales effort with clear communications
- Closely collaborates with all Hensley functional areas including sales, marketing, & engineering
- Travels with Regional Sales Managers calling on present and prospective customers as needed
- Research and determine the appropriate pricing strategy and levels to maximize profit & competitiveness
- Provide inventory recommendations for product line
- Present product material for dealer schools, sales meetings, and management meetings as needed
Desired Skills and Experience**
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree (business, marketing, engineering, or similar fields)
- Product management experience
- Experience in the mining or construction industry is desired
- Experience with construction or mining excavator and loader buckets is desired
- Demonstrates a customer oriented attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills(writing and verbal)
- Able to successfully manage multiple prioritized projects with a sense of drive and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
What We Offer**
Hensley Industries office in Dallas is a diverse, collaborative and open work environment where you’ll work closely with key members of the sales, marketing, & engineering team. You’ll enjoy the opportunity to maximize your career with this integral role providing valuable management & recommendations. We also provide top-notch benefits, company matching 401K plan, 10 paid holidays, and tons of growth opportunities.
Hensley is in the earth-moving business of excavation, reclamation, mining, and trenching focused on ground-engaging tools (GET) and attachments since 1947. Komatsu Ltd. Purchased Hensley on December 8, 2000 supporting major growth in the mining and construction global markets by providing the best service and the most outstanding quality.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 3 years (Required)