The Intern will be an integral part of the Store Brands team. This position will provide a balance of overall CPG industry learning, as well as significant hand on work experience. Reporting to the Senior Store Brands Marketing Manager, the intern will be part of all strategic and business development discussions, and given supporting executional tasks aligned with skill set, and motivation. The Intern will be required to work full-time, 40 hours per week for 1-year duration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist the Store Brands team in the preparation and submittal of new business bids for the Dairy & Deli categories in a timely manner as lead time for bids is usually around 2 weeks:
- Write and circulate e-manila and manila 2;
- Gather all QA and packaging information needed to fill in the bid forms;
- With Store Brand Sales, gather all financial information: ITP, P&L, competition and branded retail and costs, to decide on relevant price to be submitted for the bids;
- Submit bids on retailer web based platform
2. Once bid or business is awarded, work on developing Store Band product(s):
- Set up retro planning with precise steps and deadlines to launch project in time. Review its accuracy with every department involved: Purchasing, Industrial and Logistics;
- Develop packaging with customer and purchasing: send dyelines to customer, get QA and Legal approval or comments on art work developed by customer, submit final approved artwork to purchasing for printing;
- Manage product launch process to completion, meeting all milestone dates and ensuring that all cross-functional work also meets milestone dates, for a successful, timely launch.
3. Assist the Store Brands Senior Marketing Manager to identify potential product portfolio expansion opportunities based on an analysis of industry data and consumer trends. Support the Store Brands new item Innovation process through interaction with customers, and key cross functional teams.
4. Coordinate artwork, packaging and recipe changes on existing products:
5. Support the Sales team in preparing customers meeting:
- Write and circulate manila 3;
- Work on implementing changes with customer and LAG involved departments: QA, Industrial, Purchasing
6. Trade Shows:
- Gather samples (existing or innovations);
- Prepare slides with products information (romance and portfolio) and IRI data.
- Assist in the execution of LAG Store Brands participation at the PLMA (Private Label Manufacturer Association) in November (Chicago);
7. Behave in a professional manner that always represents the Company in the highest ethical standard.
8. Provide support on other projects as needed, and accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
9. Occasionally work with other departments to achieve overall company objectives.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In order to fill this position the candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or related field, with a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals and /or governmental regulations. Ability to write any reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Needs to have significant computer skills and background. In addition needs to be familiar with sophisticated sales reporting systems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) MS Project would be a plus.
- Ability to speak French would be a plus.