Weill Cornell Medical College
WEILL CORNELL MEDICAL COLLEGE
Position Title: Therapist- Full Time
The Clinician must be a Licensed mental health professional fluent in Spanish and interested in delivering psychotherapy to older adults in home and in community settings in New York City. This is a full-time position based in New York City. It is virtual now, but will involve in-home visits in the future.
The position involves offering a brief manualized therapy to older adults victims of abuse as part of an innovative program (PROTECT). In addition to direct services, clinicians participate in a weekly supervision and a weekly meeting. Continuing education opportunities include Grand Rounds, CBT training, and other experiences. A minimum of 3 community/in-home sessions per day are expected. Working virtually, 5 sessions per day are scheduled.
All services are documented in the NYC Dept. for the Aging STARS system, and psychotherapy sessions are documented in the Weill Cornell EMR (EPIC) via computers.
- Conducts a clinical diagnostic evaluation
- Provides feedback to the individual and makes referrals to community-based services as needed
- Deliver psychotherapy in community settings and in-home
- Training and supervision in PROTECT therapy and achieving certification
- Attend and participate in community meetings as needed
- Track activities using a computerized system
- Licensed in social work (LMSW, LCSW) or mental health counseling (LMHC), or Ph.D./Psy.D.
Highly Desired Requirements
- Fluent in Spanish
- Prior experience working with an aging population is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build supportive and respectful relationships with older adults
- Proven ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
- Possess an understanding of and practice cultural sensitivity through open dialogue and self-exploration with diverse groups while providing direct services
- Excellent verbal and listening skills as well as time management skills
Note: No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Weill Cornell Medical College is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Diversity is one of Weill Cornell Medicine’s core values and is essential to achieving excellence in patient care, research, and education. We welcome applications from candidates who share our commitment to fostering a culture of fairness, equity, and belonging. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Psychotherapy: 1 year (Required)
- NYS license to provide Psychotherapy (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19