Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility in Perth Amboy NJ which provides post-acute services, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing, short and long term care through Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists; Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses; and Certified Nursing Assistants. This is complemented by Social Services, Activities, Nutritional Services, Housekeeping and Laundry Services. Our staff of professionals are here to meet the needs of each and every patient and resident.
- Provides services designed to ensure that the medical, social and emotional needs of each resident are provided for.
- Works together with other staff (psychological, medical, recreation, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, dietary) to identify potential difficulties for the resident, provides crisis intervention and is available to residents and families for counseling, or other psychosocial services, as indicated.
- Assist new residents and their family in the initial adjustment phase, as well as in the ongoing transition to institutional living.
- Arranges admission interviews with residents, and/or family members, to gather psychosocial information necessary to completion of the initial assessment, and:
- Review, discuss, and sign the Admission Agreement.
- Provide information to the resident, and/or family member, on residents' rights and responsibilities, abuse reporting, advance directives, and facility policies and procedures regarding:
- Grievance reporting and response.
- Therapeutic leave, bed retention, room change, and transfer/discharge.
- Initiates and facilitates small group meetings of residents, family and staff directed at a fuller understanding of the institutionalized resident, and fuller joint participation in improving the residents' emotional and physical well-being.
- In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, completes the resident assessment, including the MDS, and develops an individualized plan of care for each resident.
- Works with residents and families, where indicated, on planning for discharge back to the community, or to another environment, as dictated by the needs of the individual resident.
- Assists the resident and/or family in accessing community and government services through which the resident will receive assistance upon discharge.
- Provide assistance and support to family members.
- Organize bereavement counseling for roommates, families and other affected individuals. Act as liaison to Federal, State and local agencies providing service to the resident community.
- Provide information and assistance to residents, and/or family members, on accessing Medicare/Medicaid benefits, or other appropriate legal/financial services.
- Facilitates needed communication with other disciplines on behalf of the residents, including medical, nursing, dietary, rehabilitation and psychiatric services.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Spanish speaking preferred.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Must meet the professional requirements of the federal and state health code.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Services: 2 years (Preferred)
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year