The Control System Programmer is be responsible for planning, developing, testing and implementing control system code, audio files, and other equipment-related configurations. This individual would also perform in-house testing and on-site commissioning at client locations locally and nationally. The Control System Programmer will be able to successfully handle multiple tasks/projects, think independently and effectively interact with employees and client. You may work from home but must be local to the DC/Metro area.
- Develop systems integration programs for Crestron, AMX and Biamp systems
- Design and develoedcustom graphical user interface (GUI) on control system touch panels
- Coordinate the creation and integration of AV control system programs
- Troubleshoot and debug AV systems
- Peer review code from fellow programmers to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain software project documentation in company database
- Professionally represent AVolution clients showing empathy, patience and competence
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude, strong work ethic, and embrace a team-centric environment
- Complete training programs and gain certifications for manufacturers, industry associations and company as requiredQUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with GUI design and graphics applications.
- Experience with control systems, video-conferencing, switching hardware, audio DSP setup and calibration.
- Minimum of three years of on-site commissioning experience.
- Simpl programming proficiency.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, addressing, firewalls, routers and VPN.
- Familiarity with Cisco and Polycom video conference codes and control API.
- Familiarity with Cisco CE Console.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project planning and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities.
- Possess the ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Willingness to travel on-site both locally and nationally.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Programming or equivalent experience, required.
- Minimum of three years of Crestron or AMX control system programming experience, required.
- Harman Certified Control Professional (C-P) preferred
- Extron GC-Pro Certified preferred
- Crestron and AMX certifications preferred
- CTS or CTS-D certification is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year