Full Job Description
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland.
About the role
The Regional Sportsbook Manager, North East will lead a team to exceed the targets of a multi-million-dollar turnover business at the FanDuel's sportsbooks along the East Coast. Inspire, motivate and train your people to be the best they can be and deliver the FanDuel vision. This role will require heavy travel, up to 60%.
- Work with FanDuel Group HR and the host site's HR department to assist with recruiting, training and the overall management the retail sportsbook employees.
- Partner with the host site's HR team to implement a strict performance management process.
- Work with the commercial, product, risk and trading, marketing and online teams to build a compelling customer proposition.
- Build a daily/weekly/monthly operating rhythm with stakeholders – focusing on performance management of staff, stakeholders and business KPI's.
- Seek for extra revenue opportunities and cost synergies by optimizing the P/L model.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with FanDuel Group's General Managers at all East Coast locations.
- Creation and implementation of a Sportsbook checklist which will be completed on each location visit, ensuring regulatory compliance, top level customer service and brand consistency.
Planning and Organizing:
- Use the knowledge of sportsbook team to help maintain awareness of issues within the market place.
- Take responsibility for positively managing the implementation of change and the introduction of initiatives within the area.
Driving the Business:
- Ensure that all administration and paperwork is completed within an appropriate timeframe.
- Ensure compliance to all Federal, local and applicable regulations.
- Ensure smooth communication of key issues and initiatives.
- Complete monthly business review meetings, applying appropriate business strategy and feeding back Head Office to improve the business.
- Actively acquire customers from competitors and regularly review where opportunities exist to grow market share.
- Ensure that any customer-impacting issues are dealt with immediately and have the ability to cut through obstacles that prevent this.
- Develop business links within the local community.
- Identify, plan and execute local initiatives for market growth.
- Ensure that sportsbook team are delivering the brand offer to customers
- Be perfectly 'tuned in' to what customers are saying and what motivates them - act as a conduit for customer feedback for the Senior Management Team.
- Manage and know in detail large staking customers, focusing on service standards and trading arrangements.
- Lead, drive, energize and motivate team to deliver.
- Ensure that we have the best people working in our sportsbook.
- Ensure that we recruit for 'the next role' & develop people to be their best.
- Act as a conduit for staff feedback within the Southeast Sportsbooks ensuring that Senior Managers and Head Office personnel have a full understanding of what is happening "on the ground."
- Spot talent and drive an internal development pipeline.
- Ensure clear performance management processes are in place, responding to both good and poor performance with specific actions plans.
- Deal with people issues and problems in a timely fashion and where necessary use the company's disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- Ensure that our license is protected to the best of your ability - respond immediately to any threats to the license.
- Be aware of the regulations the govern sports betting in each jurisdiction you are responsible for to ensure compliance.
- Act as one of the key communicators between FanDuel and the regulatory bodies in each jurisdiction in your area.
- Promote social responsibility issues, working with local representatives as required.
- Develop a personal network with key members of local organizations e.g. Police, Council, Regulators, Newspapers, entertainment venues.
- Ensure that Health & Safety is adhered to and audits are completed as required.
- Ensure that staff are adhering to the correct policies.
- Ensure that cash systems are reconciled, and issues are resolved.
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Flexible holiday allowance
- 401K plan with company match
- Attractive health insurance premiums
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.