MoneyLion is seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources to join the People Operationsteam supporting our US locations. This role provides leadership and support in functional areas of human resources including recruitment, employment, employee relations, employee performance, employee development, and organizational development. This role will report to the Head of Finance and People Operations and sit in our NYC headquarters located in the Flatiron district.
Founded in 2013 MoneyLion is a dynamic and innovative fintech company that offers lending, financial advisory and investment services to consumers. Our mission is to change the way 4.5 million hardworking Americans bank, invest, borrow and financially grow. Beyond just a bank, MoneyLion is America's most powerful financial membership!
MoneyLion employs over 300 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America and Asia. We're located in NYC, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Role
This role is expected to be hands-on and balance the strategic with the tactical while overseeing the full range of HR including: US HR Operations, L&D, Performance Management, Experience across the employee lifecycle, Employee Relations and acting as a partner to Talent Acquisition. You possess strong interpersonal skills, empathy for others, and thrive at building solid relationships based on trust. This role functions as a Human Resources expert and key business partner.
- Provide advice and counseling to department managers on matters related to employee issues, performance issues, and disciplinary matters
- Collaborate with cross-functional core team to update company policies and procedures, communicating and enforcing organization values in compliance with all legal and organizational requirements, standards and procedures
- Investigate and respond to employee concerns including all formal and informal complaints
- Establish and maintain strong and constructive relationships with management, including our executive team
- Work with our Payroll and Benefits Manager to ensure accurate and timely processing of biweekly payroll and benefits processing
- Assists in the oversight of HRIS, continuously identifying and implementing new processes, technologies, workflows and reporting that will help us grow and maintain an excellent experience for our team.
- Oversee US-recruiting and onboarding efforts
- Ensure hires, internal transfers, terminations, status changes, garnishments, direct deposit enrollments, and other changes are managed correctly through proper HRIS workflow
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and People Operations on strategic initiatives and other tasks as they arise
- Work closely with our HR colleagues in Malaysia to ensure we are globally aligned
- Advise best practices related to Talent Acquisition
- Manage developing and executing employee and manager learning and development programs
- Continue developing and managing our performance management program, incorporating individual and team KPIs and OKRs
The ideal candidate will thrive in a diverse and fast-paced environment, be exceptionally responsive, and demonstrate strong follow-through and dedication to excellence. A professional attitude, flexible approach and a desire to help others are critical attributes for success.
- You have 7-10 years in related Human Resources roles, with prior hands-on experience in talent management, change management, culture, L&D and performance management
- You demonstrate increasing responsibilities throughout your career and can effectively and strategically create, execute and manage programs
- You have a related Bachelor's and or Master's degree in Human Resources and/or Organization Development and advanced certificate in HR (SPHR/GPHR) preferred
- You are experienced in working with payroll and benefits and within an HRIS system (ADP Workforce Now a plus)
- You are a wiz in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Word) as well as G Suite
- You have stellar interpersonal skills; must be able to able to engage with employees at all levels and to be able to handle sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and confidentially
- You have excellent organization, time management and presentation skills
- You can stay positive through tough situations and know how to work effectively on a team
- You are familiar with HR-related laws and can effectively work with internal/external counsel as needed